Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why Blogging?

This is a three part answer for me.

First, I started blogging at the suggestion of my sweet friends, Nan, Andrea, and Shandrea. I started because I love to write. In high school I journaled obsessively and it was cathartic. One of my favorite classes ever was creative writing during my senior year. So in the pain of losing two babies, I started blogging, getting out those hurts that had been brewing for a while at that point. It provided a sort of therapy that cannot be replicated even in actual therapy. Sometimes you just need to say things with no response.

Secondly, I continued blogging because people "got it"! It was the most comforting feeling in my time of crisis to know that there were actually multiple people who could relate, had felt the same feelings, and wanted to support and encourage me! The degree of this support was something I never could have imagined, and has kept me going more than once!

The final reason I blog is for others. I didn't realize how much my story could help other people. My husband asked me one day in frustration "why do you do that? Why do you put all your life out there for strangers?". It didn't take me long to respond, as I got an email that afternoon from a reader telling me how much she appreciated what I wrote. Yesterday I got a package in the mail from a friend thanking me for sharing my story as it encouraged her to keep going.

So blogging=winning for me!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs make me smile, laugh and think! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I too used to write in HS and college and some place along the way I stopped doing it. Blogging has certainly helped me tap into that side of me again. So glad you are here blogging away...

    ReplyDelete