So so much to catch up on...
1. I met Andrea what seems like years ago now, but really it was just the Thursday before Thanksgiving. It was like being with an old friend and we had a blast! First was lunch at P.F.Changs, then some good retail therapy, all of it filled with tons and tons of conversation. I hope to get the opportunity to meet some more of you in the future because this was pure bliss! Love you to the moon and back my sweet kindred spirit!!!
2. Then it was off to Nashville for the annual National Youth Workers Convention. I went with Jake and AJ, the youth director I work with and associate youth director, Jeremy, one of their friends who is a youth director in Montana, and Kristi and Michelle who are forever volunteers with our youth. To say we had fun would be an understatement. We laughed until we cried and our sides hurt, stomach hurt, faces hurt. One great highlight was Jeremy and AJ kareokeing 'A Whole New World' from Alladin (yes, it is a guy/girl duet). We also had some awesome worship experiences with David Crowder Band, Jeremay Camp, Jars of Clay, Brandon Heath, and a few others. Then there were speakers who motivated, inspired, and rejuvinated us! It was a success to say the least! The 11 hour drive home was even enjoyable with Jake, Michelle, and I, as Jake played 100 questions and we obliged (sometimes).
3. When I arrived home my hubby had put up Christmas lights on our house. That may not seem like a big deal to some, but the only way he's ever done that (one year), was constant harrassing and whining on my part. This was a surprise and a gift just for me and it thrilled me! I'll post pics later!
4. Thanksgiving was fun at my sister's MIL's house, we had great food and good company! It was nice being with family, though I missed the hubby who was working hard for the money!
5. I went with Julie and her family to the LSU/Ark game, and for those of you who follow, you know how that turned out, not the highlight of the weekend at the actual game, but I always have a blast with the Mooks who I consider my second family!
6. Today was back to work and it's lonely because Jake is in Montana. I hate it when it's this quiet, though the Christmas music is helping out a lot!! Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas? Well, I adore Christmas, the decorations, the music, the lights--oh how I love Christmas lights!!!! I love trying to pick out the perfect gift for everyone, the hot chocolate, the baking, the celebration of the birth of my hero!! I wish the spirit and the love and joy that are more prevalent at Christmas would last all year long!!