Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Monday, November 15, 2010

God signs

Last night I was in bed, and I just felt this great urge to look up Psalm 27:3. I believe these are the times that God speaks to me and though the voice isn't audible like in great movies or the bible, I believe it's Him.

So, I whipped out my cell, and tried to pull up my bible app, to no avail, and thought about aborting mission. I did not however, and I'm glad. Google was handy, as usual, and here is what Psalm 27:3 said...

"Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident."

Can I get an AMEN on that one?!

Sometimes you just need a sign. I ask God all the time for BILLBOARD signs because I've told Him, my loud mouth will make me miss a whisper! Thankful that He puts up with me!

I'm very excited this week to be traveling to see some friends and end up with some great friends at the National Youth Workers Convention in Nashville. Along the way I'll be stopping in Little Rock to see the Criners and their new pumpkin, Owen, then it's off to Memphis, where I'll get to meet my Kindred Spirit, Andrea, for the first face to face time!!! Love meeting bloggers! While in Memphis I'll stay with my sweet friend, Heather, who I've known since 6th grade and finally get to meet her cuties! Then it's off to Nashville for the conference with some of my favorite people, Jake, AJ, Kristi, and Michelle! Should be fun! Wish me safety traveling and I'm sure I'll have fun things to report!!

12 comments:

  1. Isnt it funny how God gets our attention that way! I love when those moments happen! Have a fun trip & safe travels Deni! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Bible verse! And how exciting that you get to meet Andrea! Do me a favor and give her a hug from me. :) I've never met her, but she has always been the greatest support in my life, and always leaves the most thoughtful comments on my blog. What a wonderful opportunity for you two to meet each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new blog look. Safe travels. Soon you'll have to make a detour to St. Louis to visit me! Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for such a fun week! I am glad that God provided some peace for you! I miss you already and can't wait for us both to be home for a little while! Give Andrea a hug from me and be careful!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your story gave me chills as i read it. we serve an awesome and loving God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMEN!

    Travel safely my sweetest kindred spirit. You know that I will be like a child awaiting Christmas morning when I can't sleep on Tuesday night! Can't wait to give you that long awaited HUG and see you face to face :) I'm all giggly just thinking about it!

    As for the GOD signs...he sends them loud and clear! I would ask and he would send :) Beautiful!

    Love you to the Moon & Back
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deni !

    Wow you have so much fun to look forward to !
    I wish I could go to Memphis and meet you 2 as well ; )

    Have a safe trip !
    And I like the bible verse a lot .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello friend! Just getting caught up with all of your posts. I've been missing your blog lately! Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. You and Andrea must give each other a big hug from me as well, okay? :)
    Love that verse. Isn't it great to know that some battles belong to the Lord?
    Love ya, Deni! Thinking of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you are having a wonderful time on your trip.

    I love how God spoke to you with such a poignant verse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a terrible friend. I'm just now coming to your page to comment. I've only read in google reader lately. Anyway....I LOVE love love the new look and name!! Hope your trip was amazing. Can't wait to read all about the post of your visit with Andrea.

    ReplyDelete