I love Thanksgiving and make a point to not listen to Christmas music or decorate at all for Christmas until I have given thanks for all of the great things that God has blessed me with in my life.
So, here's a start...
1. My husband, who is smart, funny (like gut busting, bring you to tears funny), supportive, caring, and takes very good care of me! He was my second best gift ever from God!
1. My sister, who truly is half of my heart. She understands the things that no one else does about me, and always is there for me, and we love to do all the same things! She was my first best gift ever from God!
2. My parents, who support me, love me, encourage me, and are pretty fun to be around most of the time! I'm grateful for their (mostly mom) teaching me to cook, and for cooking for me, and I'm looking forward to some fried fish this weekend! I'm very grateful that I still have both of them, as I know plenty of people who do not have their parents, and I do not take that for granted!
3. My friends, I consider myself one of the most blessed people ever in this area, as I have more friends that are wonderful than one girl should ever be allowed! I have friends who call me constantly to check on me, friends who've never experienced infertility or loss who are willing to go out of their way to ask me questions that are hard. I have friends who send me little treats, mail me cards, facebook me, and email me. I've 'met' so many great friends through blogging that support me constantly, who I feel like I've known my whole life. I will never start listing names because I know that I would forget someone, and then I'd feel awful, but if you've sent me love, know that I don't forget those things!
4. My pets, O'Brien, who is no longer with me, but I will forever be thankful for. He was the cutest dog in America--EVER! He loved me perfectly, snuggled just right, I understood what all of his silly yaps meant and we were thick as thieves! I still miss him daily! Also, Noble, my beautiful female German Shepherd, who is the most intuitive, sweet, beautiful girl ever, she's smart and loves to snuggle next to me in the bed and she's ferociously protective of me--I love it! Sampson, my sweet male While German Shepherd, who we say is touched, as he's just a little slow, but it's completely endearing! He is such a lover, absolutely has a sweet, gentle spirit, who just loves to nuzzle and never licks your face (I don't love face licking!). Tasso, our slightly heavy cat, who I believe has no clue that he isn't human or a dog, who has the quirkiest personality and tolerates all of our dogs without running away (we do keep him hemmed up in the house!). And lastly, Miss O'Hara Belle, my little diva, who I believe acts a little bit like me, yep, I admitted it. She is wildly feisty, runs the big dogs, harasses the cat, and pretty much reeks havoc wherever she goes! She's funny and she's learning to cuddle well! I think she's always gonna give me fits, but I love her! They are all so fabulous and I'm so thankful for each of them!
5. My job--it's not everyday that you get to do something that you really love. The opportunity to touch youth lives is more rewarding than I could have ever dreamed. Plus, I get to work with some really cool people, they think they are even cooler than I think they are, but they make me laugh a lot!
The thing that I am most grateful for is my God, His ever present grace and peace, the gift of His Son who died for me, and the blessings that he constantly bestows upon me when I am so unworthy!