Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Monday, September 30, 2013

Infertility is cruel

Tonight I'm just upset for a friend who has been kicked in the teeth too many times to count when it comes to infertility. The question so many infertiles ask, "Why doesn't God want me to be a mommy?" is one that rips at the heart of those of us who have been there. We have felt it. We have wondered what we ever did wrong. What could we do different? Do better? Do less? Do more? 

It's so hard to understand why some people struggle so much to have just one child, while others have "accident" babies, and babies they don't even want so frequently. 

In a small group recently someone asked what would be the first question you'd like to ask God? My answer came immediately...Why is it so hard for some people to have babies and not others? 

I believe with all I am that God brings beauty from ashes, through our suffering, but it's just so hard to see sometimes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment