Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Awesome Opportunity for TNT--Please check it out!

So, if you've followed me long you know that I like to run.  Really, I love to run.  It's the only athletic thing I've ever done actually, so finishing multiple half marathons has been a HUGE accomplishment for me.

In April of 2009 I ran the Country Music half marathon (my second) with Team in Training (TNT) to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.  I did it because some of my runner friends, who had encouraged me a lot, had just lost a friend to Leukemia after only a month.  I thought it was the least I could do.  It was AWESOME!!!!  If you like to fund-raise, run, and have a great time, you should totally do a race with TNT, the support and encouragement you get is unmatched and the money goes to help people who are affected by blood cancers, for research, monetary help, etc.  I personally loath fund-raising and so probably won't ever do that again (never say never).  Since then I just like to donate money to TNT for my friends running their races.

Anyhow, here's a cool opportunity to support TNT...

Virtual 5K for TNT

I'm all over this as the money goes to a great cause, it's not too much and gives a sense of unity without anyone having to travel!  I encourage anyone who likes to run to participate in this event, just go to the link, read about it and sign up--easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment