Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Funny/Helpful Post to Share

I read this on my sweet friend at Baby on My Mind's blog today, so go over and read this post "16 Things You Shouldn't Say to CNBC (childless not by choice)", as it is some good information! BOMM always finds these great posts and shares, and I love her for that!!

These things are sad but true and some of them made me laugh out loud, some made me cringe, and some things made me scared! So, enjoy, share away, as I continue to try to get the word out about infertility and things not to say!

I hope everyone is having a great week. I'm heading out for a trip with Hubby this weekend. Seeing as how we will be parents in about 4 weeks if all goes welll, we are taking this time to go play together and enjoy each other, which has been hard lately with the anxieties that are weighing on us! So, here's to a fun weekend away (after I go help with a lock-in tomorrow night at the church!!).

10 comments:

  1. How fun! You guys deserve it! Have fun, relax and enjoy each other! I can't believe you are doing another lock in! Did you volunteer for this one or did someone else volunteer you for it? We keep saying it, but we need to DO it..let's get together...even if it's just for a cup of coffee!! We have lots of catching up to do and I want to hear all about the mission trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. . . I loved that list, and unfortunately have heard so many of those stupid comments. The best for me is the just adopt one. Heard it constantly!!! And then when my husband and I became the 1% that actually got pregnant, we heard SO many I told you so's. UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with your hubby! Wow, four weeks away - that's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those too and could so relate....hope you have a fun, fun, fun weekend!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to the baby shower and "why" she doesn't want any part of them ;) Oh and how she didn't care to be around children until they reached the age of 16! LOL She hit the nail on the head in so many ways.

    GO HAVE FUN with Shawn! Enjoy your date weekend away :) You deserve this time together to just "be".

    Know that I love you sweet friend and I am lifting you up and praying feverishly for you.

    xoxo
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Deni,

    I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left on Lily's site! That was precious and really touched my heart. I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend away with your hubby! We are getting away this weekend as well. :)
    Keeping you and sweet baby Cala in my prayers often! 4 weeks and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh...so sad that these are things we all hear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for posting a link to my blog. I so appreciate it. You are a sweetheart!!

    Have a great trip!!!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a fabulous time away sweet girl! When you come back I pray you feel renewed and ready to conquer the world :) It's almost time :) Love you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you guys had a great trip! These statements make me cringe, especially the if you adopt you'll get pregnant one. Someone said a version of this one to me just the other day. According to her, it is because if you "take your focus off getting pregnant, it will happen." Ugh, what can you do. I try to remind myself to extend grace, I know people mean well.

    Keeping you and baby Cala in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete