Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Sunday, October 24, 2010

You can eat Gluten Free Gumbo

Yesterday my mommy came to stay with me and wanted to do something sweet for me, soooo

Gluten Free Gumbo did ensue in the Troxclair kitchen! Mom did the bulk of it, using Brown Rice Flour (thanks Caneel), and she and Foxy collaborated some over getting it to a good consistency. It didn't get as dark as I think either of them wanted, but let me tell you that this little gluten intolerant girl, was well pleased!!! A yummy gigantic pot of chicken, andouille sausage, and shrimp gumbo with lots of okra (per my request) is settling well into my belly for dinner last night and lunch today! She also cooked some deer meat in gravy, and the gravy is not as thick as her typical gravy, but was still yummy and the meat was fork tender, which is a feat in and of itself!!! I'm one spoiled little girl!

Thanks Mommy!! It was just nice to have her here with me for a couple of days! Now, I'm sitting in the living room watching the lightening outside, snuggled with my dogs and cat, and just finished listening to the sermon from Faithlink today (contemporary worship at my home church, which I miss a lot!!)! It's a good one, take a listen!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet of your Mommy to come and make you a favorite dinner! My Mommy called me and asked what she could do for me and I said "make me chicken and dumplins"! She wanted to sail on over...like your Mom she doesn't live close by, but what love to jump on the highway to make their babies happy :) That's what Mothers are for, spoiling us! No matter how old we are.

    Sending you love, hugs and PRAYERS always!

    Mwah!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY! I'm glad it came out well! Now THAT is what I'm cooking for everyone on Saturday night. AWESOME! And I haven't had rice and gravy in AGES. Oh, I see a lot of good food in my near future :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how it tasted (it sounds like it was fantastic!) but I do know that it smelled heavenly!! Moms really are the best, aren't they!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so yummy! So glad to hear that I am not the only one who is still spoiled by their mommy:) I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete