Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

I know that's what most people think of today & obviously that crosses my mind too.

Though in my life today marks the due date for my second angel baby, Michael. Had all things gone well I would be at home celebrating a first birthday! While the pain is less this year, it's still there and the images of a sweet little almost one year old at Christmas still flash across my mind! It doesn't go away, not ever. My MIL lost her last baby on NYE years ago and still recalls it. It never goes away.

One of my sweet sorority sisters lost a baby earlier this year. Her angel would be due today and having been there I know it's sad. On a side note, after her loss, she did the same thing I did and ran a half marathon (we were both inactive in college) and to say she did well is quite the understatement! She kicked butt!!! Much love to you honey!!

So Happy NYE! Remembering angel babies all over!

Deni

10 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for all the abundant blessings that can come in 2011!!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of your sweet angel, and I'm thinking of you and the wonderful things that you have to look forward to in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be an amazing year... you've been through a lot and you deserve all the wonderful things to come. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, those dates are always going to be a day of reflection of what should have been. My sweet friend Madeline (who lost 3 babies) recently told me that it has been more than 15 years and she still grieves for and misses her babies. The dates stick in her head too. She helped me very early on, as she was one of few who "knew" the pain this journey brings.

    Remembering with you sweet friend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. I know it is a bittersweet night but I am here for you. You are in my prayers as you grieve tonight and as you embrace releasing your news...I am so proud of you!! Hang in there and I am pulling for you always. We are in this together my co July momma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love you and Michael! Praying for you and sending you love!! Hurry home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear Deni !

    I read your previous post too and it struck me that what you have experienced in one year a lot of people never experience during a whole lifetime.... you have been so good to come out of it whole and you have kept going looking for solutions .
    I hope and pray that in the New Year 2011 you will experience as much joy and happiness as you have had heartbreak last year.
    I too look forward to the new year and I am happy to wave good bye to the old year!
    Love Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of your sweet Michael...

    ...and wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete