Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year in Review 2010

I'm going to make this short and sweet...

Bad things in 2010:
1. O'Brien dying. This was really the worst thing of the year. That may sound ridiculous, considering #2, but when you're a dog lover and had a dog for 11 years, the loss is profound! I think about him everyday, literally every single day. When I pulled out my Christmas things his stocking was in there and his little Bah Humbug hoodie (which he hated, but was perfect for him), and I cried a river of tears for my little guy!

2. Our adoption that was a scam (sadly today I came across more ultrasound pics, which I thought I had gotten rid of, and it just baffled me to think that someone could be so very intentionally cruel). I feel like I'm over the anger most of the time, but sometimes it just overwhelms me again!


Good things about 2010:
1. I got a job at the church doing exactly what I've been wanting to do for a few years now, overseeing all of the girls ministry activities! Bonus: I love the people I work with!

2. I started making friends in Tyler, which was a must! Thanks to Kristi for making me feel so welcome and always making me laugh. Also got to meet a fellow BLM, Brittany, who is like a sister now and we have a blast together, I think, even when we're sad about our babies!

3. After losing O'Brien we got O'Hara. She is a bag of handful and more of a diva than anyone I know, but she's pretty cute and entertaining too. Still, like children, one animal never replaces another!

4. Hubby got a new partner at work, which lightened the load, at least for a little while!

5. My Fab5 (other 4) encouraged me and helped me to find a great RE, who I saw in September initially (following a rave recommendation from sweet Amy). We had testing done, found our culprit and how to treat it. This leads to #6...

6. We are pregnant and farther along than we've ever been with things looking great. We are thankful beyond words, and I wish that I could give this gift to every BLM out there who is still waiting on their rainbow baby!

These are just highlights, there are many more good things that happened this year (my getting to go to 4 LSU games, only one of which we lost), and for all of the blessings, and all of the wonderful people in our lives I'm soooo full of joy!

8 comments:

  1. Im so glad your "good list" was longer than your "bad list" lol! Glad things are looking up friend! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year it has been indeed! I feel like 2011 is going to our year, girl! We are going to rock 2011 and party like it's 1999!! I am so thankful, that with all of the heartache 2010 brought us both, God blessed me with your friendship!! Love you! Have fun this weekend (wink wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you!!! Your blog just brought a tear to my eye! You deserve all the good things that 2011 will bring to you. Congratulations my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year it has been for you! Just last Christmas, I was in disbelief as I had hit the 12 week mark. . . a pregnancy I was sure would never take place. I am so beyond happy for you, and I cannot wait to follow you during this pregnancy.

    I'm also so sorry about the adoption scam. Literally broke my heart, and I'm so happy that you are beginning to heal from that.

    I hope you have the best 2011 in the world! I have a feeling it will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing our beloved dogs is so hard. I have had to say goodbye to many over the last 38 years. I often wonder why I get another one because we know down the road we will just be overwhelmed with sadness again but I sure do love having them in my life. Sounds like so many positive things are happening in your life and I am thankful that God is giving you these blessing. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you're at least ending the year on a good note, despite some of the really crappy parts. I think 2011 is going to be much kinder to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not one bit ridiculous that your heart still aches for sweet O'Brien!!!! I hate that he's not with you still. I know how hard it is to pull all the Christmas stuff out for the first time...as subsequent years follow, it's still hard, but you're able to remember fondly.

    Sending you all sorts of love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm visiting from Lisa Leonard's site. Wow, what a story you have! I have 4 angel-baby-nephews/nieces. My heart morns for your losses yet rejoices for God's faithfulness and miracle blessings in your life. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete