Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shared post

I got this from my sweet Friend at www.baby-on-mind.blogspot.com and had to share...

Infertility Etiquette, by Vita Alligood
Don't tell them to relax
Don't minimize the problem
Don't say there are worse things that could happen
Don't say they aren't meant to be parents
Don't ask why they aren't trying IVF
Don't play doctor
Don't be crude
Don't complain about your pregnancy
Don't treat them like they are ignorant
Don't gossip about your friend's condition
Don't push adoption (yet)
Let them know you care
Remember them on Mother's Day
Support their decision to stop treatments

From http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lrn_ffaf_ie

4 comments:

  1. My kindred Spirit,

    SO glad you passed this along, as I wanted to do the same. Maybe we should do a nation wide AD campaign, as it seems "the outsiders" fail miserably in this department. They just open mouth and insert "both" feet!!!

    HUGS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'll have to look into your suggestions. I love this! It is so true. I think people say dumb things because sometimes they don't know what to say, but it still hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me here. I hope that we can share the full article with anyone who would read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so true...

    Mothers Day is a tough day. Friends mean well, but most of the time I cringe at their "suggestions." That's the last thing we need......

    ReplyDelete