Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inspiration for today...

I've been following a caringbridge site for a little girl that was mentioned to me on multiple occasions.  I find that when things come up more than once, it's usually the Big Man upstairs shooting me a hint, I try to listen, but sometimes it takes a few hints!!

Well, the story of Kate McRae has been one that I've followed for a while now, and I admire this family for handling a horrific situation with such grace.  Today's post on her site was one that really touched a deep part in my soul and I wanted to share it with you...

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate/journal

Read this entry and the part that really struck me was Kate's thoughts on her hair.  I pray that I am half that thoughtful of a person when faced with trials, this little girl is a warrior and is constantly thinking of others! Please stop by her site and give her family some love!

Tonight I also attended a concert at my church.  Phil Wickham performed, just him and his guitar.  If you've never heard him--get to googling and youtube-ing, and iTune downloading.  This man has a gift.  His voice is one of the most beautiful I have ever heard.  What struck me the most is that there are people with talent maybe equal to his, but how many people are using those God-given talents to glorify the One who gave them?  To have this voice and to use it to so fully honor God is inspiring and I wish Phil and his family the best of the best and pray for his continued ministry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment