Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm fine, but sometimes Life Isn't fair...

I hate that some people work really hard to get the things they end up with, whether that be their family, their homes, their vehicles, whatever; while others just seem to get things while they are busy being irresponsible and thoughtless.

So many people have babies so easily, not trying, not deserving, not worthy of such a gift.  I know this makes me sound judgmental, and I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but these women who commit adoption fraud, or beat their children, or don't take them to the doctor regularly and continue to procreate without effort just seems wrong to me.

It also seems wrong that people who work hard for their money, who put forth lots of effort to get a good education, to have a good career to provide for their families, and then plan and save and work hard, seem to get the shaft and end up suffering while people who are given everything continue to be given things and getting things that they haven't earned.  Sometimes, it seems unreal to me that people who act irresponsible seem to be rewarded for that behavior.

I read today that in one state people will have to pass a drug screen before receiving welfare, I'm not one to talk about political things on my blog, or really at all.   BUT people are protesting that saying it's unconstitutional, while most places require you to pass a drug screen to get a job, seems fair to me.  I support that motion and hope it goes to all states.  Having watched the system be abused outright in my old job, I feel I have some room to talk here.

It also seems unfair that people assume that just because people have money that life has been easy for them, or that they were given something.  I know that somewhat counteracts what I said earlier, but I know people who grew up very privileged and haven't allowed that to make them lazy or feel entitled, they worked hard to maybe maintain the status they were raised with.  And some of us worked very hard to make the lives of our family better off than ours were growing up (with pushing, prodding, and encouragement from our families, who worked hard to get us there).

I know, I know that life isn't fair.  It never has been, never will be, and I believe that hardships produce character.  I'm grateful for many of the hard things that I've been through knowing that they have made me the person that I am today, but I will end with this still as I have some people on my heart tonight...

LIFE ISN'T FAIR!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on the drug testing to receive welfare! Why shouldn't people be tested to receive our money?? Most jobs people have to have drug tests so I don't see it as unconstitutional at all!

    ReplyDelete