Just a quick list of things I'm thankful for right now...
1. My sweet husband, I can't say enough good about this beautiful, funny man. I wish I had snapped a pic yesterday of him in his visor, because he looked adorable with those curls poking out everywhere!
2. My animals and finding good veterinarians here in Tyler. Leaving our vet behind in Shreveport was really hard because she is so awesome and is a blessing of a friend, but these vets and their staff do love our pets and that really helps for our fur babies!
3. My sister, there are just things that can't be replaced, and can't be fully put into words, my sister is one of those things. I'm convinced that in Sept of '84 God gave me one of the best gifts ever and that was Rene'. I'm forever grateful!
4. Friends who are there to love and support me and encourage me in life. I've heard it said that if you have more than a couple of true friends you are truly blessed, well consider me well beyond that! I have friends who call me daily and weekly, as if I never moved from Shreveport or live miles away from them wherever, because miles don't affect true friendships and I'm very grateful for all of them!
5. My OB, who is in town for the rest of the summer and laughs at my neurosis without making fun of me. He has a way of shedding light and calming me without being condescending.
6. My pool during this heat!
7. That peace that God gives when you ask for it and truly give up your worries to Him.
Goodbye 2nd Grade, Goodbye Kindergarten
1 week ago