Pages

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born." Isaiah 66:9

Monday, April 11, 2011

Lent=No Facebook

So, I'm not Catholic, but it's not just Catholics who give up things for Lent.  My family has always done this as an act of repentance during Lent.  We do not take off Sundays and try to hold one another accountable.  This year, I wasn't ready to give up any food, as I just don't know what will sound good or not, and I didn't want to 'say' I gave up something that was inevitable with pregnancy, like alcohol, or for me Mexican food!

My decision was to give up facebook, and you wouldn't believe how many times I've wanted to contact someone with some information and haven't been able to.  My dependency on fb for communication is overwhelming.  With so many people in my life, that is my mode of communication, which isn't necessarily bad, but this has been an interesting Lent!  I've tried to use those moments as a reminder for this season and thank God for all He has done for me, sometimes I've done well, others I've fallen short.

All that to say that while I know this blog uploads to fb whenever I post, I am not on fb, I'm not reading it and I get minimal things to my email from there.  So, if you have messaged me or something and need/want to get in touch with me, you can email me, or wait until the 24th of April when I will resume my activity via the social network!  My email should be listed on this blog, but it's pretty simple deni.troxclair@gmail.com.

Hoping we all focus during this Lent on the sacrifice that Jesus made for us and remember the true meaning of Easter that is about His rising from the dead, and not the fluffy bunny (though I love an easter basket and candy :)).

1 comment:

  1. We are Catholic, but we dont take Sundays off either. To me, that kind of defeats the point.

    ReplyDelete